Item Package Quantity:12
Product Installation and Tips
- Using an 11/32” drill bit, drill 1 hole for each nipple placement. Holes should be at least 2” from bottom of container to avoid being clogged with sediment.
- Insert threaded side of nipple in hole and hand tighten leaving approximately 1/8” to 1/16” gap. DO NOT MOUNT FLUSH. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN
- If using a sealed container, drill a few vent holes near the top of the container to prevent a vacuum being formed.
- When properly installed, nipples should not leak however, plumber’s tape or silicone sealant may be used if desired. Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions and do not allow sealant to touch O-ring.
- Use concrete or wood blocks to raise containers off of the ground keeping the nipples clean.
- If you have birds of various sizes, place nipples at various heights (height of their back is best).
- Nipples can be used with almost any plastic container including food grade plastic buckets, drums, and food containers.
- Temporarily remove other water sources and allow the birds to see water released from nipples. Once the first few begin to drink, the remainder should begin use. Repeat as necessary.
- Always keep water in the bucket clean and free from debris.
- Horizontal nipples use an O-ring as opposed to ball bearings and are designed not to freeze up in winter. Works well with submersible poultry water heaters.
- Keep it clean! Automatic watering system keeps water clean and healthy.
- Easy install! Just drill holes insert and screw in to just about any container or pvc in minutes
- Time saver! No more cleaning and refilling waterers daily.
- Versatile! Use for poultry 2 weeks and up. Chickens, Ducks, Pea Fowl, Rabbits, and more
- Weatherproof! Leak Proof O-Ring seal will not gum up or freeze like vertical nipples.